Routes will not pass through any local villages as these have all recently been captured by enemy forces. Riders and trail runners will not pass through other establishments along the route but will encounter LPs (Local Population); while these are mainly expected to be friendly, in some areas LPs might be hostile.
The Recce Mission is a supported event and will have several re-supply zones along the route. These are located at TBs (Temporary Bases), CPs (Check Points) or near Targets. Riders and trail runners will be entirely dependent on getting food and hydration supplies at these points. As some, or most riders and trail runners, will be out on the route for close to 24 hours they can expect the following supplies along the route:
- Food: Chips, Baby potatoes, soup & bread, hamburger, boerie & slap chips, jaffels & Steri-Stumpie
- Fruits: Bananas & oranges
- Sweets: Jelly Babies, Jelly Beans & Bar Ones
- Hydration: Water & cold drinks
- Energy: PVM Octane Powder, PVM Octane Gel and PVM Energy Bar (originally developed for the Recces)
- Finish: Recce burger, Recce Craft Beer, PVM Energy & Protein Recovery Drink
Other services include the following: Ammo crates, Mission Services and Recce clothing.